Digital literacy skills in S2 Computing

In Computing we’ve been looking at 4 different skills,Technology and building up resilence.

Researching skills:I have been searching up key information on the internet then making sure it is accurate.

Communication skills:I have managed to put information into publisher or power point.

Presentation skill: I have managed to gather information either separate or shorten it into a power poing or publisher document

Problem solving skills:I have been able to create patterns in python.i also know how to make to make it bigger .

Using technologies

Using internet engines:I have been using google to gather information for my work and code.uk to practice coding.

Using various Different packages:I have been using power point, access, word, publisher to store information.

Using programming tools:I have been using python, code.uk and kodu to use our coding skills to create things.

Building Resilence

I never gave up on trying to create even if i messed up the codes

I tried different codes to try and create various things.

I tested my program to see if it came out right .Image result for python programming

Related image

My week in Lornshill

This week in Lornshill so far i have enjoyed my P.e lessons we are playing dodge ball and it is very fun but there are a lot of cheaters that don’t play the game properly.In Science i have been learning about yeast this week and it got very messy and we got made to clean it up.In English we have been watching a movie about what used to happen in the olden days if you got accused of witch craft it was a very interesting and educating video and i really enjoyed it.In French i have understood nothing and i find it very boring.In Maths we have been learning a lot of new things and going over some things we done a while ago to refresh our memory I enjoy doing maths but sometimes its challenging, The homework is usually hard.

S2 Computing – Nov 2017 to Jan 2018

So far in computing we have done Coding Skills in Python where we find few shapes by coding. We were given a code to follow exactly. Computer Systems where we had to describe all computer parts in PowerPoint as a presentation, for example keyboard is an input device and  speaker is an output device. We also got presentations skills. We used our coding skills in Kodu, using the code to play in game.

S2 Stem

So far this year in S2 stem, which we have one period a week,we have covered loads of things such as making glow passwords stronger and making target sheets.We also did a spreadsheet booklet, we worked on cell reference and coloring cells. During maths week we got to go on mathletics and play maths games. We started a magical mouse travel booklet, we learned about all the different resorts Disney has to offer. We also researched as we had questions to answer about Disney resorts. We  learned how to do letterheads, then we typed up a letter.When we did the database we had to input information about different Disney hotels.

S2 Design and Technology

Projects I have done so far:

Bird feeder – woodwork

Rocket Car – design and build

Microbit and Yenka – Engineering Science

Design skills

Focus in S2 is Skills for life – Digital literacy and Resilience 

Digital Literacy – In the microbit project i had to program the microbit to be able to play the game. I developed my digital literacy skills by learning how to program a microbit. I also researched about the rocket car for ideas. I improved my resilience skills during making the bird feeder as i kept going to far into the wood with a chisel.Image result for woodwork

S2 STEM

So far in STEM we have one lesson per week. We have created password which was enough strong for Glow. We did Mathletics during maths week. We created table for weekly targets. We have also done Magical Mouse Travel, research and answer questions about prices of hotel, databases research about hotels, activities, resorts e.t.c. , currency finding rates for different countries,  letterhead- add graphics and contact information, coloring cells, finding facts about Walt Disney World.