Resources For Parents

What is the structure of the school day?

Nursery

P1 – P7

Morning Session

8.30am – 11.40am Morning Session

9.00am -12.30 am

Break 10:40 – 11:00am

Afternoon Session

12.20pm – 3.30pm Lunch-time

12.30pm – 1.15pm

Extended Day 8.30am – 3.30pm (various options are available within the timeframe) Afternoon Session

1.15pm – 3.00pm

How do I contact the school?

School contact information can be found here.

What do I do if my child can’t come to school?

We understand that sometimes children are unable to attend school due to illness. If this happens please contact the school office on 01259 452212 before 9am to report the absence.

What do I do if I need to pay money for trips, milk etc?

All money should be placed in a sealed envelope which is clearly marked with you child’s name, their class, what the money is for and the amount.

How do I find out about my child’s learning?

As a school we regularly use Twitter to share regular updates and information about the learning experiences your child is having at Redwell. You can follow the school on Twitter @RedwellPS

You will also receive information through regular school newsletters, class blogs and the school website. We have also introduced the ‘Groupcall Expressions‘ App, which will enable us to send you newsletters, curricular links and other information electronically. This service is free to parents and the school. The school will register your email address and telephone number to the Groupcall service, please download the app for Iphone or Android  and log in with your personal details.

How can I get involved with my child’s learning?

We are committed to ensuring an active and worthwhile partnership between parents and staff in the work of the school. Parents can get involved in a number of different ways

• Meet the teacher evening
  • Parents evening
  • Parental Workshops
  • Parent volunteers
  • Sporting events and school trips
  • Sharing learning afternoons
  • Parent Council
  • Consultation groups
  • Whole school events to celebrate achievements
  • Wing specific activities such as cuddle on the couch (Yellow wing) and Book and a blether (Purple wing)

You can also make an appointment to consult with your child’s teacher at any time throughout the year.