#VirtualMenstrie

Welcome to the virtual school page at Menstrie Primary School. During closures, weekends and holidays, learning can continue online with staff supporting learning remotely.

Meet the Teachers Online (Launching Friday 18th September)

Each class teacher has prepared a welcome video or slideshow. Click here to access the Meet the Teacher pages.  (password required)

Where can I find my work?

Class teachers have prepared work and will post details regularly on Class Pages. Learners with Google Classroom should also log on there.  Additional activities can be located by exploring the E-Learning part of this site, visiting the FLIP Clacks Site (details below) or accessing the Scotland Learns resource from Education Scotland.

Primary 1D – Miss Dryburgh

Primary 2/1 – Miss Aitken

Primary 2W – Mrs Wilkin

Primary 3B – Ms Burt

Primary 3W – Miss Wright

Primary 4SC – Mr Scotland

Primary 4ST – Mr Staiano

Primary 5AE – Miss A Evans

Primary 5KE – Miss K Evans

Primary 6G – Miss Garner

Primary 6P – Mr Pennie

Primary 7B – Miss Bryden

Primary 7F – Mr Furzer

Primary 7C – Miss Campbell

Primary PE – Miss Johnstone

SMT – Updates from Miss Henderson and Mrs Murray

I need help. Where can I get it?

Firstly, try the eLearning help pages that have been set up on this site. You can also ‘Leave a Message’ on the Class Pages. Learners can also message class teachers on Google Classroom. Finally, you can also send an e-mail to menstrie@edu.clacks.gov.uk

What work will the teacher set?

During times of closure, our priority is everyone’s health and wellbeing. Your teacher will set tasks that learners can complete, please do not feel under any pressure to get them all completed at once. The work is set to use as your time allows. Teachers will provide generic feedback to pupils about their learning.

What about my teacher’s availability?

There may be some days when our teachers are quiet online. This could be for a variety of reasons. The staff will continue to be your main point of contact for your child’s learning, however this way of learning is very new to us all so please be patient. If you have any queries outwith your child’s learning then please contact the school e-mail address.

I’m feeling unwell. Should I do work online?

If you are unwell, and would normally be unable to come to school, DO NOT do work. Reading a book however might be a nice distraction. Please rest and follow guidelines from your doctor and the adults at home.

Where do I get log in help?

Class teachers have supplied all learners with appropriate log ins and some classes have been using these for some time. If you are having difficulty with a specific website or app, please look at the guidance notes published under the eLearning section of this site.

FLIP Clacks

In addition to preparations at Menstrie and the creation of @Virtual Menstrie, the council has been developing a unique virtual learning platform – FLIPClacks. This provides learning opportunities for children, young people and families, including school specific areas. The online learning space will include live classroom activities as well as lots of creative resources for you and your children.  Class teachers may direct learners to activities on this site through their class pages and Google Classroom.

Scotland Learns from Education Scotland

Here you will find a range of ideas and suggestions of activities to help parents and carers support their child’s learning at home. The activities are aimed at a variety of ages and we will be adding new activities each week. Choose an activity from the list that your children would like to do. Click here to access.

Always learning, in all ways.