Good Morning P6s. Day 2 of Health week. Loved hearing from everyone on suggestions to keep fit in the house. I’ve just finished Body Combat in the living room to I’ll share a link to some similar fitness videos for you to try ..but it is also an important day for someone in P6S.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY CAMERON!
Best wishes from Mr Scotland and I hope you have a fantastic day with your mum, dad and sister.
So I have read through the writing that was submitted to me online and have given feedback. Two big things for everyone is 1. Organise your ideas into paragraphs and 2. Everyone should focus on using a range of exciting sentence openers.
Marking work – as I give until Sunday and they start a fresh for the new week, I spent time on Monday going through lots and typing comments. I did comment on a few that nothing was attached/wasn’t handed in and now realise this must have panicked some people. Please do what you can and do not worry about work at home. It’s a tricky time right now and I now households are busy right now. But please let me know if you need help. We’re all learning here.
Anyway, on to today’s learning…
Literacy – Reading comprehension
- All about Ruby’s favourite… Ed Sheeran. Click here to launch Twinkl Go. Then click log in. At the log in, enter the code KS3750. You might want to write this down on scrap paper first. When you log in, you will be asked the difficulty level of one, two or three stars. If you have been doing projects for me in class recently, select three stars. Everyone else, I’ll let you self-select your challenge.
- If you have limited internet access today, I would like you to read a few pages of a book of your choice and become ‘Question Masters’. Make a mini quiz of 6 questions and answers in your snapshot jotter.
- We are learning to use pie charts. So I’ve set part 2 of the challenge on Google Classroom based on the Textbooks we use. Some of you are finding this tricky and others easy but please drop me an e-mail if there’s any parts that are hard so I can try to help you.
- Reminder that the graph challenge on Sumdog is live all week. Just log in to play.
Health Week – Today’s Focus Task
- How many NOC’s can you find that start with the following letters? OLYMPICS. Miss Johnston has posted the task on Google Classroom under her section. Use this Padlet to help find the answers.
- If you have limited internet access today (or maybe you want this extra challenge) I’d like you to make up a sporty challenge everyone could do in their own homes. You can post your suggestion below or on Google Classroom.
5-a-Day Activities (Additional but recommended)
- PE with Joe Wicks. [New session at 9am daily]
- Listen to David Walliams daily reading [New reading at 11am daily]
- Read for 15 minutes. Remember Bug Club
- Watch today’s Newsround.
- Check out the extra challenges in Google Classroom.
Finally, if you haven’t joined the P6S playground Google Classroom, join it please as it is a space for fun and chat with no work.
Have a good day and remember to check your e-mails regularly too.
Today’s joke of the day is…
When you look for something, why is it always in the last place you look?
Because when you find it, you stop looking.