Between August and October 2018 the Primary 6 Learning Context will be Spy Academy based on the novel Stormbreaker by Anthony Horowitz. Across the curriculum, the children will be learning to:-
Health and Wellbeing
- Act fairly, honestly and responsibly.
- Recognise when to create space when playing a sport.
- Make effective decisions when playing games under time pressure.
Language and Literacy
- Recall rules for plurals in spelling.
- Answer literal and inferential questions about the Stormbreaker novel.
- Describe a spy character using ambitious vocabulary.
Numeracy and Mathematics
- Read, write and order large numbers.
- Show knowledge of each digits place value.
- Count forwards and backwards in tens, hundreds and thousands.
- Use compass points and co-ordinate grids to find locations.
- Present at least one possible solution to a design problem.
- Experiment with rhythm and voice to create further verses to a song.
- Take part in practical experiments involving chemical changes.
- Understand how to present a science report.
- Improve typing skills, learn the correct hand position.
- Use problem skills to design and create a tower.
Developing the Young Workforce
- Create a timeline of steps to reach future goals.
- Learn and develop skills required for different careers.