Reading for Information

Just thought I would share a couple of interesting things I stumbled across this week.  A couple of posts ago I was talking about poverty and the impact upon attainment and as we were discussing the idea around the staff our p1 teacher pointed me in the direction of the Scottish Index of Multiple Deprivation and particularly the Interactive Mapping Tool.  Clearly you should just stop reading my post and go and have  a look at the area you teach in ………………..

I also found out this week that I can use my library membership to access subscriptions to a range of magazines for free on my ipad and Kindle Fire HD through a partnership with Zinio (Apparently a partnership across North America, Canada and the UK). I now have subscriptions to a range of magazines from New Scientist through National Geographic to Classic Rock magazine. As if you needed another reason to join your library but there you go!

0 Responses to “Reading for Information”

• No Comments