More of the Same

An exciting few weeks all in all, culminating in an evacuation to the town hall and a whole school excursion to the pantomime at the MacRobert.  I have still been teaching classes in the middle stages, as well as the p6 class I teach on a Thursday, how to use 2DIY to create their own games.  We would love to be able to share our games on class blogs but there seems to be some issue with permissions which is currently preventing us from doing so.  The glow help forum has been looking into it and our local Glow key contact has been adding his expertise so hopefully there will be  a solution soon as the children would love some feedback on their creations.
We are also extending the use of 2DIY into the early stages and we have begun to teach both p1 classes how to create their own drag and drop games and this has proved to be a real hit with them – it has also been a  great hit with the older children having to explain to 4 and 5 year olds how to make games and you should see the strain on their faces as they try to resist the temptation to take over the controls from their wee buddies!

We have also started our p7 profiles and made the necessary changes to the theme and got our photographs and personal statements onto them – this week we will look to getting the learner statements started and begin to add some examples of pupil work with comment.  We have the photocopier linked up to the network so we can scan written pieces and easily link them to individual blogs. I also need to look for a more up to date voice recorder for recording spoken evidence too.

One of my ongoing gripes with this setup however is the inability of Glow to work like my Google Reader aggregator and bleep when anybody updates their blog.  This means the p7 teacher has to manually check for updates which is a spectacular waste of time especially as we move closer to transition and the eportfolios will become a regular part of class and home work.  Apparently there is a workaround in glow but I don’t know how that works so if anyone has any clues……

…..and of course it is now December and there is every possibilty that the PT Early Years will spontaneously combust before the Nativity is ready.

0 Responses to “More of the Same”

• No Comments