Vegetable Week in p2/3

This week we made vegetable soup.  We used vegetables that grow in Scotland.  We used turnip, potatoes, carrots and leeks.  We chopped the vegetables and we only had 3 cut fingers.  We had to remember to keep the knife far away from our fingers.  The next day Mrs Birrell cooked the soup for us on her stove in the kitchen.  While the soup was cooking we made healthy wholemeal bread to eat with the soup.  After playtime we went along to the dining room and we ate the soup with our bread.  Emma thought it was amazing.  Ross Millar thought it was great.  Hollie thought it was delicious.  After we had eaten the soup some of us wrote an advert using lots of adjectives to describe our soup.  Some of us wrote down what we did making sure we had everyhting in the correct order. 

On Thursday Mrs More read us a story called Mr Wolf’s Turnip and we wrote our own stories on a story strip.  Then we printed with potatoes.  That was fun!

2 thoughts on “Vegetable Week in p2/3”

1. The smell from your delicious soup was wafting along to my office. I am glad it tasted so good.

2. I hope you had a lovely time during our October break. I was thinking about you all when I made vegetable soup for lunch.