Scottish SPCA Visit

Last week all our classes were visited by Robyn from the Scottish SPCA.  She spoke to us about the work of the Scottish SPCA, wildlife welfare, responsible pet ownership and the health and hygiene of animals.  Robyn also focused on the world of work and we were able to ask her questions about her job and career path.

The Scottish SPCA is Scotland’s animal welfare charity.  They receive no government or lottery funding and rely on public donations to rescue abandoned and neglected animals across Scotland.  Further information about this charity can be found at:

http://www.scottishspca.org/

Robyn gave a chat to P1-3 and then spent Wednesday and Friday visiting the P4-7 classes.  Her visit was very informative and as well as being a good role model she promoted positive citizenship values.

5 thoughts on “Scottish SPCA Visit”

1. Having the Scottish SPCA in was great! I found out lots of different facts and information on lots of different animals!

2. It’s terrible how some people treat animals. Thank goodness for Scottish SPCA. The presentation was very interesting too!

3. The Scottish SPCA lady was amazing and we got to learn more about the animals we have as pets. Now I think I want to work as Scottish SPCA officer when I leave school .:)

4. Hi im from carronshore primary school in falkirk and we had the same woman (robyn) to come to speak to us about the same thing today at our assembly.It’s really great what they can do to animals lives.