MCR Pathways

My role is to recruit adult volunteers from the local community to support young people from S3 – S6. I also meet with groups of pupils in S1 and S2 on a weekly basis. Through classroom and outdoor learning activities, I encourage the further development of confidence and resilience in individual young people.  Pupils participating in the MCR programme will also be able to take part in “Talent Tasters” which are organised for S3-S6 pupils. They provide more opportunities for young people to find their talents and focus on the pathways to achieve their ambition.  This year our MCR pupils from The Gordon Schools have had the opportunity to visit Nescol Aberdeen, The Bennachie centre and Tullos Training school.  They were given the chance to look around all three venues, take part in mini workshops and meet with young apprentices to ask questions.

One of the main goals of MCR pathways is to ensure pupils leave school with a positive destination e.g. work/apprenticeship, college or University.