Sound Homework for Friday 22nd June

Hopefully the kids will have shared their vast knowledge with you about how to change the pitch of a sound – I’m sure they would have been keen to show you this using bottles or a glass!

The class have been given a homework task this week to plan an instrument that will give both a high and low pitch sound when it is played.  They have then to gather together the resources for their instrument and bring them into school on Friday.  We will have an hour on Friday to build the designs so please do not make them at home.  I will provide glue, selotape, staples etc but they must have their own junk.

Primary 3MS band in the making!

Charity Enterprise update

P3MS have been busy planning and organising our fundraising efforts for our chosen charity SSPCA. We are really pleased that an education officer from the SSPCA will be coming into school to visit us on Thursday 28th June. This now gives us a deadline for our fundraising, because we hope to be able to count and hand over all the money raised on that day.

We have already received some money boxes and the children have been looking at any other ways of raising money. We have decided to do a sponsored Millo Mile and will be sending home sponsorship forms designed by some of the children. These are asking for a small sponsorship per lap (1p or 2p), however a small donation would also be gratefully received instead. Generally in 15 minutes the maximum number of laps we can do is 14-16, to give you an idea.  The children will be organising the whole event with some teacher/PSA support.

The sponsored Millo Mile will take place as part of our normal school day on Tuesday 26th June so please could we have the forms back by Monday 25th together with any money boxes.

Thank you.

P3MS

Football Tournament Information

Tuesday 5th June
Just a reminder that the children will be taking part in a football and games tournament run by Aberdeen Football Club Community Trust on Tuesday 5th June.  We will be leaving school straight after registration and will return just before lunch.  Please make sure your child has a snack and water with them plus suitable clothing for the weather.

Children can come to school in trainers, casual bottoms and their school tshirt/jumper – no football tops please, we need to be able to identify the children in amongst Arduthie and Dunnottar School as it’s a joint venture with the other primaries.

If you are free to help on this outing please just come into class with your child at 9am.

Let’s hope the sunshines for us!

Mrs Sangster

Homework Club

I have offered primary 3 the opportunity to make use of a quiet space during Wednesday lunch time to catch up on any homework they may have.  I will make myself available in the class from 12.45pm until 1.15pm.

Some weeks can be incredibly busy in the family home; this term in particular can be more hectic with clubs having fun nights as they finish up for the summer and children wanting to play outside more and enjoy the lighter nights.  Homework Club provides a short time to catch up on any tasks your child hasn’t quite had the time to complete during the evenings.  However, they will still be expected to share their homework task with you at home before handing it back into school.

Does my child have to come along?

No, this is an opt in club and can be used by any of the children in P3.  It is not complusary.

Does my child have to stay for the whole 30 minutes?

No.  I will be available in the classroom for the 30 minute period but the children can come in for as long or as little as they like.  They may just have a query about a homework spelling pattern or may just need 10 minutes in a quiet space to read their reading book.

Will the teacher be teaching the spelling pattern/task in hand?

No.  I will be there to support if your child gets stuck or needs a reminder of the tasks.  This group is not for individual teaching/extra teaching.

Does this mean I don’t have to do homework with my child?

I would still encourage all parents to show interest in their child’s homework each week.  If your child uses the club they will be asked to show you what they have completed during their time before handing their homework into the class teacher.

Sharing homework tasks with your child is a great way of understanding the learning process they are going through in class, it can also be a way of identfying areas in which they are confident in or areas where they need some more support.

How does my child opt in?

There will be a sign up sheet within our classroom.  Your child should put their name onto the sheet before break on a Wednesday.

I hope this clarifies the set up of Homework Club.  If you have any questions please get in touch with me through the school, I am in school Wednesday to Friday.

Thanks

Mrs Sangster