Kemnay Academy

Link to Kemnay Academy website

My name is Lizzie MacKenzie and I have been a member of staff at Kemnay Academy since 2017. In addition to being a member of the Maths faculty at Kemnay Academy, I was appointed to the role of Principal Teacher of Digital Technologies in January 2020. As part of my whole school responsibilities, I support staff, pupils, and parents with Digital Technologies and Digital learning.

I will be supporting some of our S1-3 pupils at our Learning Plaza stall who will be showcasing some of their digital work using iPads. Some of our pupils will be showcasing their use of iMovie while others will be showcasing their use of Minecraft for Education. I will also be available to discuss my own journey with the Apple Teacher program and the benefits of this and how I implement my iPad into daily lessons.

Kemnay Academy

Kemnay Academy is a comprehensive, six-year purpose-built community school. It enjoys a very pleasant location with an open outlook over the River Don and surrounding countryside. They are part of the Kemnay Children’s Services Network (CSN) and are proud of the inclusive culture that they foster. The Academy was opened in 1982, serving the communities of Kemnay, Kintore and the surrounding rural area. They also serve Kinellar (Blackburn) close to Aberdeen.