Choose the ones which suit you best. Bring your results into school when you return, save on Glow, send me an email or email to
- Keep a note of the temperature in the morning, afternoon and evening each day.
- Keep a record of the weather
- Display your weather results in a way that suits you: bar chart, picture chart, pie chart.
- What should pedestrians do to keep themselves safe in poor weather?
- Sumdog website activities
- Name 3 jobs that the weather would cause problems for. What are the problems the weather would cause?
- Find out about ways people keep themselves warm in poor weather.
- Read for at least 30 minutes each day, try to read different texts e.g. newspapers, magazines, fiction books, factual books, blogs.
- Listen to the news – make notes about news reports that interest you and then use your notes to write a short report in your own words.
- Find an interesting newspaper article. Use different coloured pens to show adjectives, nouns, verbs, commas, full stops and other punctuation you can spot.
Art and Design
- Draw a view from a window in your house- use pencil only
- Design a book cover for a book with the title “My Favourite Place”
- Make something using at least 5 different items of recyclable material.
Health and Well- Being
- Bake or cook something you haven’t made before
- Make up a dance routine to a favourite song
- Tidy your bedroom!
- Build a snowman in your garden, take a picture of it.
- Log onto Glow and create a Sway with a wintry theme.
- Use a free app such as Stopmotion, Clips, Chatterkids or iMovie to create something to share with your family.
- Log onto Scratch or use ScratchJn on an iPad and do some coding. What can you make?
- Add a comment on the class blog.