P2 Room 1 Bake Shortbread for Burns

We had to make shortbread to sell to Mrs Cruden’s Class. First we washed our hands so that germs wouldn’t go into the food and we put on aprons. Then we measured the ingredients using scales and we creamed the butter and sugar before adding the flour. We learnt how to knead the mixture to form a dough. Then we rolled out the dough, cut out the shapes and put them in the oven for 20 minutes.
When the biscuits were cool, we put them in bags and wrote labels. Primary 5 came to our shop to buy our shortbread. It cost 50p.

38 thoughts on “P2 Room 1 Bake Shortbread for Burns”

1. From Rm11 p4/5 well done primary two, that sounds amazing. You have learned to use a lot of skills and the shortbread looks lovely.

2. From Room 12. It is good that you washed your hands before you started because the germs then would go to the Shortbread that your making and you put all good stuff in it and that you don’t put germs in your shortbread. It’s good that a teacher put it in the oven so you don’t burn yourself. It is good to cook things at school and home.

3. Well done rm 1 I thought your shortbread was delicious and you also presented everything very well. Thank you and well done.

4. you were really hard working class you must have worked together well well done!-inesa bytautaite

5. Thank you for the shortbread it was so tasty. You put a lot of effort in it. And i like the way you shaped it into a star because your a star.

6. Thank you for the shortbread it was very good.I think everyone liked the shortbread.Well done rm1 p2.

7. Very good work i really liked my bag i think you and your class did a good job and it was very intresting job

8. It looks amazing and tastes good too.It looks like you have put a lot of hard work into it and I hope that you had lots of fun doing it.

9. Thank you for the shortbrad it was amazing.It was good that you all got a turn to help to make the shortbread.You all worked really hard.

10. The shortbread was scrumptious I loved it.It was very good hope you enjoyed the shortbread hard work!!

11. Wow the shortbread was fab never tasted any thing like it i like the shapes that you made with them i hope you guys liked it well done :].How did you make them.Room 7

12. Room 1 you worked well as a class and your short bread was delicious and sweet. From Wiktoria Kochalska room 7

13. Room 1 you all have work really amazing the short btead were really sweet and good From Natalia Delegiewicz Room 7

14. Thank you for the short bread it was amazing I hope you had fun making them and you all have worked really hard

15. well done. It was very good of you to wash your hands first. I hope you’ve learned a lot from making the shortbread. I wish i was there

16. That was great that you washed your hands and put on aprons. I hope you learned a lot of new skills from making shortbread. They look yummy. Well done Primary 2 room 1. 😀

17. that was sensible u washed ur hansds before making them . i hope you learned a lot of new skills well done 😀

18. I hoped you enjoyed making them. They look brilliant.You must of put alot of hard work