P5 Visit to Ythanval Care Home

On Tuesday Mrs. Whalley and Mrs. Tewnion took us on a trip to visit the residents at Ythanvale Care Home in Ellon.

“I gave my gift to Joy when we were leaving. I felt happy and so did she.” – Jackson

“I felt fabulous after the visit to Ythanvale. I had the best fun ever. I would like to go back soon.” – Nathan

“I enjoyed playing games and colouring pictures with the residents of Ythanvale care home. I also enjoyed talking to them and asking them questions about them like what is your favourite colour”. – Emma

“Before I went to Ythanvale I expected that there would have been sofas instead of single seats. I was feeling nervous just because I have never been there or I never knew anyone.” – Taylor

“I think the residents enjoyed everyone coming to visit and doing all different things with them. I enjoyed colouring in the pictures with them all. They might of enjoyed opening all the calendars from us.” Harry C

“There was an old lady who was a teacher years ago. We played a game that we had to match the colours of it.  I liked Betty the most, she was nice. I was sad when I had to go but it was fun”. – Patrick

IMG_2953IMG_2984

“The thing I enjoyed the most about my visit to Ythanvale was colouring and meeting new people because I love meeting new people and arty stuff is the best for me”. – Molly

“When we left I felt happy, excited and relaxed. I was happy because I had tried something new. I would like to go back to Ythanvale care home again some day” – Sophie S

“I sat with Patrick and a woman called Cathy who used to be a primary school teacher. We did a matching game where you had to match the colours on the piece of card.” – CameronIMG_2977

On Tuesday afternoon we went to Ythanvale Care home to play board games, colour in some pictures and have a chat. I was looking after a lady called Joyce. Joyce was telling me about her granddaughter and how she was a teacher. I was also looking after a lady called Rita. Rita said that she liked to draw” – Millie

FullSizeRenderd

When I got there I was surprised for happiness. I coloured in a picture for Betty and she got happy when she saw the picture. I played jenga with Amber and a lady called Jenny. Jenny was really, really happy and laughing. When I saw their faces they were very happy all of the time that I spent with them. I felt very happy spending time with them and playing games with them. It felt like the best day of school ever. – Joe

”I would like to go back to Ythanvale again to visit the residents because I think it made them happy.” – Sean

“We gave calendars to each of the residents. They felt happy when we were there”. – Sophie M

“I felt a bit sad when we had to go because I wanted to stay longer. That’s how much fun I had. I didn’t expect it to be so fun.” – Ashleigh

“Before I went to Ythanvale Care Home, I felt nervous because it was my first time so I didn’t really know anyone. I also felt excited because I was going to meet new people and it was going to be a different experience for us. I enjoyed colouring with Ashleigh and Sheila and I also liked playing jenga with Jean and Ena. I would love to go back again to the Ythanvale Care Home because I had so much fun and everyone that worked there was so nice and kind and the residents were also very nice and kind so I would love to go back.” – Amber

“When I got here I got nervous. I thought they were going to say hello sweetheart or hello gentlemen. I was feeling fantastic when I was there. I would really like to go back there. “ – Kerena

“I really enjoyed the fun of working with the older people and these were fabulous people that I met. They were called Batty, Sheila, Gene, Elia and all the managers too. It was a great experience for me. If I had the choice to go back I would say yes.” – Naomi

FullSizeRenderIMG_2959

“I faced my fear of old people. I was scared before but now I am not. I enjoyed speaking to the residents and drawing and colouring and having a laugh” – Tristan

Nothing could have made the visit better because it was the best trip possible. My feelings were very good because I had lots of fun and feel like I made the resident’s day” – Harry B

IMG_2948 IMG_2963  IMG_2965      IMG_2981

19 thoughts on “P5 Visit to Ythanval Care Home”

1. Well done everyone, sounds like you all had a great time and really enjoyed meeting new people.
    Jackson used to visit his Granda every week in a care home and all the residents loved chatting to him and his brother and sisters.
    Hope you all get to go back soon for a catch up x

2. Just to say the children were a credit to the school and their parents ,well behaved,polite and well mannered,very enjoyable to all concerned and going by the children’s comments would love to go back

3. Well done kids, there is nothing better than to make someone smile. The ladies and gents looked like they loved your company. Again well done.

4. It looks like the visit was a great success, Harry had been quite nervous and unsure about going, but in the end everyone sounds like they had a lovely time, and I’m sure the residents did too.
    Lovely to see the pictures and the children’s comments.

5. I really enjoyed visiting ythanvale care home the people were lovely and I had lots of fun.:);0

6. P5 will be going back to Ythanvale next week to share what they have been learning about the Jacobites and to sing an Easter song. They are all thoroughly looking forward to it.

7. It was really fun I was there I was speaking to some ladies called Joyce and Rita. Rita was singing heaps of nursery rhymes.

8. You are all very very right !! It was amazing fun 🙂 I loved it I want to go back again for a 3rd time !!!!!

9. Really nice to see the children getting involved with the community and reaching out to the older generation.

10. it was sooooooooooooooooooooo fun that i feel like i want to go agin and again and again and again it was sooooooooooo fun going to the ythan vale care home !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

11. It’s nice to see so many comments on this post. The P5 class were a credit to themselves and to the school. The residents have put our photos on the wall and they have added their own comments about their experience of the pupils visiting. We will be arranging another visit to Ythan vale soon.