Family Learning

This page contains information, downloads and links for those who support our young people at home.  I come from a home where my Mum struggled with her literacy and yet she worked hard to try and support me with my school work. I therefore know it can be really intimidating looking over the weekly homework or even come in for a parents’ evening. Hopefully this blog will give you some support too.

Education Scotland Links and resources:

Education Scotland is a Scottish Government executive agency charged with supporting quality and improvement in Scottish education and thereby securing the delivery of better learning experiences and outcomes for Scottish learners of all ages.

Our status as an executive agency means that we operate independently and impartially, whilst remaining directly accountable to Scottish Government ministers for the standards of our work.

This status safeguards the independence of inspection, review and reporting within the overall context of the National Performance Framework.

Education Scotland‘s chief executive is responsible to Scottish ministers, within the terms of the framework document, for its management, performance, and future development.

Family learning blog in Angus

https://education.gov.scot/parentzone

Reading tips for Parents

Scottish Book Trust Advice

The Parent Factor in Education

What can I do as a parent?

Parent Forum

Top_tips_for_parents

Just another blogs.glowscotland.org.uk – Angus site