The mission of the International Children’s Digital Library Foundation is to promote tolerance and respect for diverse cultures by providing access to the best of children’s literature from around the world.
I invite you to explore this library. It is great!!!
In supporting young people with EAL (English as an Additional Language) we aim to:
- assist schools in developing a planned approach to induction and inclusion support;
- advise schools on pupil placement, teaching strategies, transitions, curriculum differentiation, resources and assessment;
- provide support and advice to schools as they develop their capacity to manage and sustain continued improvement with a particular focus on the progress and achievement of bilingual learners;
- work with schools to ensure equality of opportunity for bilingual pupils to access the curriculum, with reference to HMIe Quality Indicators;
- advise schools about alternative assessments and, where necessary, support schools in preparing pupils for SQA ESOL examinations which may be required for entrance to university.