Clishmaclaver – Brechin High Library Blog

#Spellchasers – a witch’s guide

A couple of years ago, the library had the pleasure of hosting a Creative Writing Day with Edinburgh-based children’s author, Lari Don. It was a fantastic experience, very well received by pupils, and it created a real buzz about storytelling and writing craft. And reading! Especially Lari’s own novels; titles like, Mind Blind, Rocking Horse War, and the First Aid for Fairies trilogy.

One of the absolute best things about that day for me though was that it was completely pupil-led. An S2 pupil arranged the whole thing – with just a little help from moi! 😉 – making contact with Lari; getting her teachers and peers on board; producing awesome stories and fanart…

So, when I saw this post about an art competition to promote Lari’s new book, Spellchasers, well I just had to share –

“The pictures I love the most are the ones I never see: the pictures that readers create in their own heads when they read the novels I write. But now I can see those pictures, and you can win an early copy of The Witch’s Guide to Magical Combat, because my publishers DiscoverKelpies are running a competition to draw your favourite character or scene from the #Spellchasers trilogy: http://www.laridon.co.uk/blog/ Please share with any young artists you think might be interested!” – Lari Don

Click on the links to find out more and enter the competition. And read the book! Lari Don is a wonderful writer! 🙂

Art credit: © Floris Books 2017.