Clishmaclaver – Brechin High Library Blog

Scottish Teenage Book Prize

Clishmaclaver is delighted to post some short book reviews by S1 pupil Ritchie W. Ritchie took part in this year’s Scottish Teenage Book Prize -reading all three shortlisted novels – and Clishmaclaver is sure he wouldn’t mind our sharing his nomination for winning author with you – it’s the highly talented Keith Gray!

The Last Soldier by Keith GrayImage result
The Last Soldier was a mystery to me when I read it. It was a strange book with a mystery about what happened to the kid’s father, and how he and his brother get beat up by the local bullies. It was a good read and I would recommend it to anyone interested in these kinds of stories. – Ritchie

Image result

Black Cairn Point by Claire McFall
Black cairn point is a weird book that seems like it’s a horror but isn’t. It is a good read and I would recommend it. – Ritchie

Image result

Silver Skin by Joan Lennon
I just could not get into this book. I don’t know why; I just couldn’t. I wouldn’t recommend it to anyone under 12 though. – Ritchie