From the Archives 1961/62

Northfield Academy celebrates its 60th anniversary in August this year. As way of a build up to our celebrations, each week we will share another photograph from our archives. Can you recognise anyone in our photograph this week?

Taken in 1961/2  a group of girls are photographed with the first Head Teacher James Eddison.

1961 Group Photo + Headmaster

Back Row (r to l)  Lesley Smith, Jeanette Porter, Marjory Reid, Hazel Bruce, Evelyn McKenzie, Margo Hughes, Anne Cooper

Middle Row (r to l) Joan Dempster, Adelaine Anderson, Christina Baxter, Maureen Annand, Lorna Baker, Christina Park, Margaret Rebecca

Front Row (r to l) Kathleen Cruickshank, Jennifer Forbes, Helen Jamieson, James Eddision, Pamela Morland, Kathleen Gordon, Lillian Rettie

6 thoughts on “From the Archives 1961/62”

1. I recognise three people in this photo. Anne Cooper a sister of a classmate I had at Westerton school, Adelaine Anderson and Helen Jamieson. I went up to Northfield from Westerton in 1961. Happy memories of my time there.

2. We were the first children at Northfield school in 1956, and the first to receive a leaving certificate when we left at 15 years old. I remember we were invited to see round the school before it opened. I was there from summer 1956 till Xmas 1957 . Our head teacher was Mr Simpson . I still have my class photo , and photos of our trip to Lochnagar

3. This I think is the prefects with the Headmaster. My friend is Pamela Morland sitting next to Headmasters.

4. A real blast from the past but the names as listed should be right to left. I recognise several of my old class mates but got a bit confused by the names.