Career Ready Graduation

AAEAAQAAAAAAAAJ_AAAAJGNiODExNjUzLTNiZWMtNDBlMi05YWE1LTlhNzNkYWVkZWYyMw

In the next week the first set of Career Ready participants from Northfield Academy will be graduating from the program which will take place in Peterhead. This is a program that includes a senior pupil having a chosen mentor from a business which they will have occasionally meetings with talking about what is in the Career Ready booklet and go to various masterclasses, this will build up the pupils skills, knowledge and confidence  to go work at the mentors business for a five week internship. This is a brilliant opportunity to take as it is a two year program that helps develop skills such as communication and build up their confidence to go into the world of work. The internship is a worthwhile experience as I had no experience of working in an office and no knowledge of what it would be like. This showed me the type of workload you can be given, that you are treated as an actually employee which makes you responsible for the work you produce which helps skills develop and have the confidence to get up in front of a group of people to tell the experience I had at my chosen business.

The current Career Ready participants will be getting ready to go on their internships at the end of June which will be an exciting experience for the group and will succeed with the next year of Career Ready.

If you would like anymore information on how to get involved in the next Career Ready group talk to Miss Dean for details.