All posts by Mrs Brechin

Abbotswell Pupil Council

Abbotswell Pupil Council

Minute of the meeting held at 1.15am on 16th May 2019.

This is what we talked about:

All the Council members present signed the attendance sheet.

Attending the meeting were:

Mrs Brechin (staff member)

Nursery – Saharra Shepherd

P1 rm 1 – Aiden Robertson

P1 rm 2 – Mia Baxter

P2 – Miko Dewar

P2/3 – Antony Stars

P3 – Elle Goddard

P4 – Lyla Lovett

P4/5 – Kai Smith

P5 – Callum Donaldson

P6 – Merryn Beattie

P7 – Fraser Adams

Mrs Brechin welcomed everyone to the meeting. We have just resumed our meetings this term.

Sports Day – June 4th 2019

Council members have consulted their classes about what kind of races they would like to do for Sports Day. Here are some of their responses:

P1 – P3

Hopping, running, egg and spoon, sack, beanbag, skipping, jumping, rolling, crawling, bat and ball, quoit races.

P4 – P7

Egg and spoon, running, sack, crab, quoit, football dribble, hopping, skipping and beanbag.

It was decided by the Pupil Council that these are the races we will be doing:

P1 – P3 Running, tattie and spoon, quoit on head and ball between knees

P4 – P7 Running, tattie and spoon, quoit on head, sack and crab

Meeting ended at 2.50pm

Next meeting – 30th May.

Mrs Brechin thanked everyone for coming today.

Pupil Council Meeting 11/1/19

Abbotswell Pupil Council

Minute of the meeting held at 9.45am on 11th January 2019.

This is what we talked about:

All the Council members present signed the attendance sheet.

Attending the meeting were:

Mrs Brechin (staff member)

Nursery – Saharra Shepherd

P1 rm 1 – Aiden Robertson

P1 rm 2 – Mia Baxter

P2 – Miko Dewar

P2/3 – Antony Stars

P3 – Elle Goddard

P4 – Lyla Lovett

P4/5 – Kai Smith

P5 – Callum Donaldson

P6 – Merryn Beattie

P7 – Fraser Adams

Mrs Brechin welcomed everyone to the meeting.

Minutes of last meeting

Mrs Brechin read out the minutes of our last meeting and everyone agreed that they were correct.

Playground Equipment

The Christmas Fair was a big success in December with many parents and family members attending.

At present we are waiting to find out what equipment the Parent Council will be able to purchase for us.

We have discussed the ideas which were put forward by our members and have begun to identify ideas which we thought would be most appropriate for looking after any new equipment.

First of all, we have decided that we need to make a set of rules for pupils when using the equipment. Council members are to consult with their classes and make a list of rules which might be useful. The Pupil Council will then use the lists to make a set of rules on using the playground equipment.

Meeting ended at 10.20am

Next meeting to be confirmed.

Mrs Brechin thanked everyone for coming today.

Pupil Council Meeting 7th December 2018

Abbotswell Pupil Council

Minute of the meeting held at 10.45pm on 7th December 2018 in the Hall.

This is what we talked about:

All the Council members present signed the attendance sheet.

Attending the meeting were:

Mrs Brechin (staff member)

Nursery – Saharra Shepherd

P1 rm 1 – Aiden Robertson

P1 rm 2 – Mia Baxter

P2 – Sofija Judina

P2/3 – Antony Stars

P3 – Elle Goddard

P4 – Lyla Lovett

P4/5 – Kai Smith

P5 – Callum Donaldson

P6 – Merryn Beattie

P7 – Fraser Adams

Mrs Brechin welcomed everyone to the meeting.

Minutes of last meeting

Mrs Brechin read out the minutes of our last meeting and everyone agreed that they were correct.

Playground Equipment

After meeting with Jennifer Ritchie and Claire Lovett from the Parent Council two weeks ago, all Pupil Council members have now had the opportunity to talk to their class.

Here are some of their ideas for how to look after any playground equipment the Parent Council may purchase for us:

  • Have some pupils trained to be in charge of the equipment
  • Make a set of rules for the use of the equipment
  • Make a checklist of equipment
  • Pupil Council members to monitor equipment
  • PSA’s to blow a whistle 5 minutes before the bell to allow time to tidy/collect things
  • Use boxes with lid to store equipment
  • Use different areas of the playground for different types of equipment
  • Buddies to help classes look after equipment/play games with pupils

Next term, we will decide which ideas we will put in place to look after any equipment we may be given.

Meeting ended at 11.25am

Next meeting will be on the 18th January. Time and place to be decided.

Mrs Brechin thanked everyone for coming today.

Pupil Council Meeting 23/11/18

Minute of the meeting held at 1.15pm on 23rd November 2018 in the Parent’s room.

This is what we talked about:

All the Council members present signed the attendance sheet.

Attending the meeting were:

Mrs Brechin (staff member)

Parent Council members – Jennifer Ritchie and Claire Lovett

Nursery – Saharra Shepherd

P1 rm 1 – Aiden Robertson

P1 rm 2 – Mia Baxter

P2 – Sofija Judina

P2/3 – Antony Stars

P3 – Elle Goddard

P4 – Lyla Lovett

P4/5 – Kai Smith

P5 – Callum Donaldson

P6 – Merryn Beattie

P7 – Fraser Adams

Mrs Brechin welcomed everyone to the meeting.

Minutes of last meeting

Mrs Brechin read out the minutes of our last meeting and everyone agreed that they were correct.

Shoe Box Appeal

The Pupil Council would like to thank everyone for all of the donations they have made towards our Shoe Box Appeal this year. What an effort you have made!

We filled all of our 30 shoe boxes! Pat on the back everyone!

All of the boxes were collected this morning and Mia, Fraser and Aidan helped to carry them out and load them in the car. The boxes are going to be loaded onto a lorry today and be on their way to countries in Eastern Europe.

Once again, thank you all so much!

Playground Equipment

Jennifer and Claire from the Parent Council visited us today. They have been raising money for the school and would like to purchase some equipment for pupils to use in the playground.

We had a list of equipment already made for them to look at.

They are going to see what the cost of things are and will purchase some of the items on our list.

The Pupil Council are keen to raise some money themselves to purchase equipment and are going to wait until next term before making a decision on what they will do.

For our next meeting, Pupil Council members have to talk to their class and ask for ideas on how we can look after any new playground equipment that we may receive. They will share these ideas at our next meeting.

Meeting ended at 2.00pm

Next meeting will be on the 7th December at 1.15pm in the Parent’s room.

Mrs Brechin thanked everyone for coming today.

Pupil Council Meeting 9/11/18

Minute of the meeting held at 1.15pm on 9th November 2018 in the Parent’s room.

This is what we talked about:

All the Council members present signed the attendance sheet.

Attending the meeting were:

Mrs Brechin (staff member)

Ms Steehouder-Ross (Community Development Officer)

Nursery – Saharra Shepherd

P1 rm 1 – Aiden Robertson

P1 rm 2 – Mia Baxter

P2 – Sofija Judina

P2/3 – Antony Stars

P3 – Aiden Bell

P4 – Lyla Lovett

P4/5 – Kai Smith

P5 – Callum Donaldson

P6 – Merryn Beattie

P7 – Fraser Adams

Mrs Brechin welcomed everyone to the meeting.

Minutes of last meeting

Mrs Brechin read out the minutes of our last meeting and everyone agreed that they were correct.

Place Standard “How good is our place”

Ms Steehouder-Ross introduced herself and explained what her job was.

She is part of a team who are finding out what people think about/feel about the community we are a part of in Kincorth. They are looking for feedback about a number of things e.g services and facilities that we have in Kincorth and if we think they are good or need to be improved or introduced.

She is going to come into school in the next few weeks and will talk to classes to gather their thoughts and opinions.

There will be a community event held in the Scout Hut on 34th November. There will be posters and booklets in many local places explaining this further.

Shoe Box Appeal

Today the Pupil Council made up our shoe boxes for the appeal. We have started to receive some items to put in them and are very grateful for those.

We would like to ask everyone if you could check the list on your letter or on this blog for items you might be able to donate. As you know, we cannot accept food but any items you have that are in good condition will be warmly welcomed. If you can manage to buy some small items that would be great too.

We hope to make about 30 children and their families happy this Christmas.

Council members will give up some of their lunchtime to help pack the boxes.

Meeting ended at 2.00pm

Next meeting will be on the 23rd November at 1.15pm in the Parent’s room.

Mrs Brechin thanked everyone for coming today.

 

Pupil Council Meeting 28/9/18

Abbotswell Pupil Council

Minute of the meeting held at 11.30pm on 28th September 2018 in Mrs  Brechin’s room

This is what we talked about:

All the Council members present signed the attendance sheet.

Attending the meeting were:

Mrs Brechin (staff member)

Nursery – Saharra Shepherd

P1 rm 1 – Aiden Robertson

P1 rm 2 – Mia Baxter

P2 – Sofija Judina

P2/3 – Antony Stars

P3 – Elle Goddard

P4 – on sponsored walk

P4/5 – Kai Smith

P5 – Callum Donaldson

P6 – Merryn Beattie

P7 – Fraser Adams

Mrs Brechin welcomed everyone to the meeting.

Minutes of last meeting

Mrs Brechin read out the minutes of our last meeting and everyone agreed that they were correct.

Parent Council

Each Class member has asked their classmates to talk to their parents at home and encourage them to join the Parent Council.

They have also consulted their classes regarding ideas for a fun family night. Their responses are listed below.

Nursery – Beetle Drive

P1 room 1 – duck, duck goose, Quiz – Disney themed, Jenga

P1 room 2 – football games, card games, hide and seek, xbox, tig and tag, roblocks, monopoly, minecraft, Beetle drive, chess, run and jump

P2 – games night

P2/3 – Bingo, Beetle drive

P3 – board games, Twister, Bingo, movie night, mini-golf, party games, colouring in

P4 – Bingo, running race, selling snacks, movie night, pyjama day

P4/5 – Bingo, Beetle drive, raffle, scrabble, family disco, magic show, talent show, bake off – cupcakes, clay – making contest, craft night, sports night, fitness, board games, dress up contest

P5 – Quiz, disco, movie night, Ipad/computer, bench/basketball, team games, board games

P6 – Bingo, board games, disco, bake sale

P7 – Themed quiz – celebrities/music, board games, Guess Who competition – staff, parents, pupils, celebrities

Phew! What super ideas! We are sure the Parent Council will be impressed with this list!

Pupil Council have again agreed to support the Shoe Box Appeal organised by the Rotary Club.

Details coming soon.

AOCB

Points brought up for discussion with Mrs Horne

Can we have pupils trained in First Aid – if possible for the whole school?

Can the Janitor check playground for broken glass/broken fences?

Can leather footballs be used in the playground again?

Meeting ended at 12.15pm

Next meeting will be the week beginning 8th October – day and time to be confirmed.

Mrs Brechin thanked everyone for coming today.

Pupil Council Meeting 14/9/18

Abbotswell Pupil Council

Minute of the meeting held at 1.15pm on 14th September 2018 in the Hall

This is what we talked about:

All the Council members present signed the attendance sheet.

Attending the meeting were:

Mrs Brechin (staff member)

Nursery – Saharra Shepherd

P1 rm 1 – Aiden Robertson

P1 rm 2 – Mia Baxter

P2 – Sofija Judina

P2/3 – Antony Stars

P3 – Elle Goddard

P4 – Charlie Wing

P4/5 – Kai Smith

P5 – Callum Donaldson

P6 – Merryn Beattie

P7 absent

Mrs Brechin welcomed everyone to our first meeting.

Introductions

Elections now over and the results have been announced at Assembly.

Individual photographs of all new members and  a group photograph will be taken at our next meeting.

Parent Council

Today at our first meeting, we had a visit from Mrs Ritchie on behalf of the Parent Council.

Mrs Ritchie explained to us what the Parent Council do and gave us some examples. They organise the school discos and the sponsored walk. They support the school by providing bookbags for the younger pupils and help pay for the P7 Final Fling.

Mrs Ritchie explained that the Parent Council would like to work more closely with the Pupil Council.

The Parent Council are looking for new members this year. She explained that new Parent members can bring along their children to meetings. Activities will be available for the children to do during the meetings.

Mrs Ritchie has asked the Pupil Council for their support by talking to their class about the Parent Council and encouraging children to talk to their parents about it.

She has also asked the members to ask pupils for their ideas for a family evening as the disco is unavailable in October. She explained that in the past they have had a bingo evening and a beetle drive.

Council members will consult with their classes and bring their responses along to our next meeting.

Photographs of our Pupil Council will be taken at our next meeting

Meeting ended at 2.00pm

Next meeting will be on Friday 28th September – time to be confirmed.

Mrs Brechin thanked everyone for coming today.

Pupil Council Meeting 14/9/18

Abbotswell School

Pupil Council 2018-2019

The following pupils have been elected to serve on the Pupil Council this session.

 

Stage/Class Representative Reserve
Nursery Saharra Shepherd  
P1Rm 1 Aiden Robertson  
P1Rm 2 Mia Baxter  
P2 Sofija Judina Miko Dewar
P2/3 Antony Stars Amber Donaldson
P3 Elle Goddard Aiden Bell
P4 Lyla Lovett Charlie Wing
P4/5 Kai Smith Lexie Booth
P5 Callum Donaldson Bobbie Shepherd
P6 Merryn Beattie Jamie Campbell
P7 Fraser Adams  

Pupil Council Elections

Pupil Council Elections will be held next week with results announced on Friday 14th September at Assembly.

Our Pupil Council needs people who

  • are good listeners
  • will share the views and opinions of their class
  • work well with others
  • are sensible
  • are enthusiastic
  • are hard working and helpful
  • can give up some of their own time to help others in the school

Think about these qualities when voting for your representative.

It is so exciting and I cannot wait to work alongside the new members.

Image result for pupil council scotland

The benches which we have purchased in memory of Mrs Murray will be put in place this week. We will have a ceremony to unveil them and we have invited members of her family to join us.

Photographs will be posted here after the event.