Minute of the meeting held at 9.30am on 22nd June 2018 in Room 12
This is what we talked about:
All the Council members present signed the attendance sheet.
Attending the meeting were:
Mrs Brechin (staff member)
Nursery – Madison Ritchie
P1 – Ella Stopper
P1/2 – Maya Bylicka
P2 – Teagan Irvine
P3 – absent
P3/4 – Abira Delwar
P4 – Murron McPherson
P5 – absent
P6 – Lewis Bell
P7 – Lexi Reid
Mrs Brechin welcomed everyone to the meeting.
Minutes of last meeting
Mrs Brechin read out the minutes of our last meeting and everyone agreed that they were correct.
This was the last meeting of this year’s Pupil Council.
First of all we made a list of the initiatives that we participated in this year.
- Shoe box appeal in November where we filled 32 boxes
- Easter Fun Day where we raised £652 for two buddy benches in memory of Mrs Murray
- Gave an assembly about playground games
- Organised pupils to be trained as Playground Leaders
- Helped to organise Sports day – finding out which races pupils wanted to do and sorting out ribbons for each race
- Asked classes their opinions on types of equipment we would like to have in the playground.
We then discussed our experiences and how we felt about being a Pupil Council member this year. Here are our comments
“It gave my confidence a boost”
“You could say what you think”
“We got to make decisions about school”
“Makes you feel responsible”
“Your voice is listened to”
“Ideas are shared and mostly get acted upon”
“It was fun and the snacks are good too”
Finally we thought about what the next Pupil Council could do
- Fundraise (with the help of the Parent Council) for some playground equipment
- Have an NSPCC fundraiser
- Get some walls painted in school
- Have an “Abbotswell’s Got Talent” showcase
- Change rules to allow someone to serve for two years in a row ( if elected)
Mrs Brechin thanked everyone for all of the effort they have shown this year.
Meeting ended at 10.15am