Abbotswell Primary 2

Sharing our learning

Friday 27th March

Happy Friday everyone!

I hope you’ve all had a good week and are settling in to our temporary ‘new normal’. I’m so impressed and proud of how well you all seem to be getting along and it really does make my day to see your updates!

Here are some suggested activities for today.

Maths: 

I’ve sent your grown up pictures of your Big Maths Beat That and CLIC challenge tests – these don’t need to be printed out, you could just copy out the questions.

Remember that you can use counters to help you with the CLIC challenge and your number square might come in handy too!

Literacy: 

Friday would usually be our spelling test day, so this could be done if you wanted. Hopefully the spelling activities I suggested on Monday were helpful and you’re feeling good about the oa sound!

I’ve added a link for Oxford Owl website, you need to register for this but it has lots of free online books, some of which have online activities.

You can browse the books by age range and maybe try one out, you can always adjust from there if it seems to be too tricky or too easy!

As well as online reading books, there are also maths games and a home learning activites section which contains  interactive activites and free printable worksheets.

I think it’s a good resource to have since we can’t send reading books home!

https://home.oxfordowl.co.uk/

Art:

Lots of schools have been creating rainbow art to show in their window to remind people that things will get better and to show lots of positivity.

If this is something you would like to do, then use whatever you have at hand (pens, pencils, paint, crayons etc) to create a beautiful rainbow picture to stick in your window and let our community see that we are sending positive thoughts!

Choosing time: 

Friday afternoon is usually assembly and choosing time.

During choosing time we usually have a variety of activists to select – our favourites seem to be dressing up and arts and crafts.

Try to make some dedicated time to play away from laptops and iPads if you can!

Thank you all for your hard work this week – I know it’s a strange time and it feels like everything is different – but remember that it’s not for always!

I’m going to send grown ups a Google Form to see how they’ve been getting on and whether there are any issues that I can support with.

Have a lovely weekend 😊

-Miss Allardyce