Abbotswell Primary 2

Sharing our learning

Thursday 26th March

Good morning!

I hope you’ve all been enjoying some of the activities on the blog. Remember that these are suggested activities and are optional and none of you should be feeling pressure to get everything completed! Do what works for you and if you and your family are safe, happy and communicating – that’s all that matters!

With that said, here are some ideas for Thursday! In recent weeks we have bee working with Shaper/Caper which has meant lots of dance and creative learning, so lets see what we can do that’s similar.

Dance

Have a go at some of the Just Dance videos available on YouTube – I’m linking the Ghost Busters video in this blog post, but you could choose your own one to try!

Creative

Our grown ups probably don’t know very much about what Shaper/Caper is all about because it is still quite new to us. Can you create something artistic to explain to them what you’ve been helping Roberta Bruce with?

Ideas you might want to think about

• Draw a comic strip to show what happened to Roberta (her horse sneezed and she was transported in to the future – which is our present, we’re trying to help her get back)
  • Create a new Rune Stone
  • Make a map to show where some of the special items we discovered were found (the map and the special egg)
  • If you remember some of the dancing from Shaper/Caper, you could make a film of you performing – or you could make up your own dance
  • Your own idea – have a think, how could you get creative to teach your grown up about what’s been happening?

Maths

On Thursdays we learn about maths that sometimes doesn’t have numbers! Miss Dezall has been teaching you all about shapes and how many sides, edges and corners some shapes have. Could you go on a shape scavenger hunt and make a list of the different objects you have in your house that are each shape on the worksheet.

Don’t worry about printing the worksheet, it’s just a guide and you might have your own ideas about shapes you could find!

shape hunt sheet2D 

I wonder which shape will be the most common in your house? I can see a lot of circles in my house!

Reading

For reading today please choose any book that you have and we are going to be sound detectives! Pretend you’re searching for secret clues in your story book. We are going to look for some words that have sounds we know. Can you make a list of any words you find that have:

• oa
  • oo
  • sh
  • ch
  • th

As always, the activities are available on Education City and SumDog whenever you would like to do them, and the spelling activities for the week are on Monday’s post.

Give me a shout if I can support you with anything, and please continue to send me pictures and messages about how you’re getting on, they really brighten my day!

-Miss Allardyce