- FT Fortnight 2014, from 24th February to 9th of March
- Friday 28th February, FT Fun day: wear yellow to school and a FT banana for snack or lunch. The class with the highest number of FT bananas brought in will win a prize.
- Also on Friday 28th, we want to host a Big Brew and invite parents and members of the community to come and join us for a cup of tea/coffee. This will be in the dining room from 2pm.
- Baking competition: Bake something using Fairtrade bananas in your ingredients. Entries must be in by 1.30pm (can be handed in school office). There will be prizes!
- Keep thinking about Fairtrade this Fairtrade Fortnight and collect logos to bring in and stick in your class’ giant poster.
- FT code competition: It has to be an acrostic poem (FAIRTRADE), it has to be about FT and all entries must be in by the 10th of March.
World Book Day UK & Ireland 2014
We will be having a special day on Friday 7th March to celebrate.
All the pupils are invited to dress up as their favourite character from a book or a poem.
If they are able, they can bring in the book to share with the rest of the class.
Primary 3H will be putting on a special assembly in the afternoon.
We look forward to sharing our love of books and reading!
St Joseph’s will be holding our first Science Week just after Easter.
Monday 28th April -Thursday 1st May
We are looking for volunteers who work in a science/engineering/health related field to help out.
However, we would also welcome parents who have interests that could be linked to science – are you a keen baker who could explaing the science behind rising bread? Or a cyclist who could share the science of motion/resistance/keeping fit?
If you, or someone you know, feels able to come into school to carry out a science based activity with the children, or talk to the children about your job it would be very much appreciated.
P1 -3 are also looking for health professionals, nurses,doctors, dentists etc to visit classes.
You can reply either by commenting on this post, or via your child’s class teacher.
The Science Team.
We have been out and about singing this Christmas, spreading Christmas cheer around Aberdeen!
The infants performed beautifully for the school, parents and senior citizens.
Our P4 and P4/5 performed and sang at Union Terrace gardens and turned on the Christmas lights, entertaining the busy Christmas shoppers.
The upper stages visited nursing homes around the city to sing carols. We were made very welcome by everyone we visited.
Please join us in St Mary’s Cathedral on Friday 20th at 10am for our Christmas Carol service. Everyone welcome!