Outdoor Learning

In area we took cones and placed them to make different sizes of area. We got separated into groups and worked together to create an area of a shape with a certain size. It was a lot of fun working with our friends to create something even though it was maths. When we finished we went to look round everybody’s and complimented others creations.

by Emilie

Table Tennis at Bridge of Don Academy

I loved table tennis and I thought the children did as well. After I went there I got to go to lessons at the sports village. The coaches were good at teaching us the strokes of table tennis and how to serve was the trickiest thing for us to learn.I would like to go back there.

The table tennis club is on Mondays and Fridays at the Sports Village.

By: Thomas and Izack

Viking Visit!

Primary 5 were visited by a real viking warrior. This viking burst into the room during our mental math and a lot of us were surprised about this! He had a hat with feathers on top, A blue patterned shield , a blue warrior suit and axe. He left us a mini Thor statue to keep an eye on our class.

Zumba!

P5 were lucky to have a dance teacher come and work with us this week. We did a belly dance which is from Egypt and some Zumba. It was fun and we all enjoyed it. I was sweating after the workshop!

by Thomas

Biodiversity Trip

On Tuesday the 27th of November, we went to the Zoology building. Our first activity was seeing taxidermy animals. There was some fluffy ones like owls,squirrels and weasels. There were different tables set up that we moved around. On the tables there were things from different rainforests. We were all surprised that there was a rainforest in Scotland in the west. The rainforest in Scotland was a temperate rainforests. We enjoyed using the microscopes there. We inspected a flower and some people got great views of the inside.

By Thomas and Haider

Gymnastics with Ms.Murray

Our balancing was tricky but we did it successfully. We got to make our own little show. We worked well as a team, we failed sometimes but we never gave up. I liked doing the inversions because I did not know how to do an inversion at the start of the lesson but now I can. We developed successfully!

By Thomas and Samuel

Gymnastics

Outdoor Learning

We made volcanoes outside using gravel and sand. We made a chemical reaction which made the volcano erupt.
We have been learning about volcanoes and earthquakes as part of our topic – The Land that Time Forgot.
We used Gravel,Sand,Vinegar, Baking soda,A Plastic Tub and Red Paint. We really enjoyed doing it. It was an exiting experiment. Everybody loved it.

By Thomas