Star Writers

We have been concentrating on writing narrative stories during our writing lessons. 

Star Writers for week of 18th March 2012

Holly, James and Reece were our star writers when we were concentrating on setting the scene for our stories.   Here are a few lines from each of their stories:

Holly, “As the clouds became grey Kirsty walked to the rock on the left.  Then she suddenly heard chains breaking.  There was a strange shadow, it came closer and closer but Kirsty knew it was nothing.  Then Kirsty heard someone scream.  She got a torch out her purse and travelled to the green house.  The ten year old was frightened…”

James, ” I go inside a big building to escape the hot sun.  It sounds like coins falling as I enter the building and I see lots of colourful flashing lights.  There’s lots of people in the building playing games that have toys in them.  I check my pocket to see if I have money…”

Reece, “I went on the swings, it felt so nice that the wind was drifting in my face, it made me feel calm and peaceful.  My sister came and I played a good game of tig and tag with her, it was fun…