This will be Scotland’s first national celebration of reading, As part of this we are holding a
Book Fair in the Library from 20th -27th November. There will be
- a fantastic range of over 200 titles
- brilliant books by the best authors
- prices starting from only £2.99
Come and see us at the Christmas Fayre on Monday 26th November from 6.30-8.30pm.
Take part in our quiz and your son/daughter could win free books!
Book Week Scotland Quiz – Ghosts Ghouls and Grisly Bits
- Fyvie Castle is renowned for the ghosts of 2 ladies. Can you name the colours they are known as?
- What date is carved on the Witch’s Stone at Dornoch? What does it commemorate?
- What are Burke and Hare famous for? In which city did they commit their crimes?
- What is a scold’s bridle?
- What happened to William Wallace after he was captured?
- What was Sawney Bean famous for? Where did he live?
- Mary Queen of Scots had her head chopped off. How many strokes of the axe did it take to sever Mary’s head from her body?
- Mary Queen of Scots had 4 ladies in waiting also named Mary. What were their surnames?
- Where does the McKenzie Poltergeist haunt?
- Who was the last woman hanged in Edinburgh? What was her crime?
Name and Class_________________________________________________
Answers by Monday 26th November please.