TERM 2 – TOPIC

TERM 2 – TOPIC – Santa’s workshop.

‘The best topic ever’ – according to P2K pupils!

Image result for santa's workshop

Here are the curricular outcomes we are covering in term 2.

I can work out the amount of money I need to buy items, understanding that I may not always be able to afford the items I want. SOC 1-21a
I have experienced the different jobs involved in running a business enterprise and understand the role each ones plays in its success. SOC 1-22a
I am developing and using problem solving strategies to meet challenges with a food or textile focus TCH 1-04c
I can adapt and improve ideas and can express my own thinking in different ways TCH 1-04d
I can design and construct models and explain my solutions. TCH 1-09a
I can recognise a variety of materials and suggest an appropriate material for a specific use TCH 1-10a
I can explore and experiment with sketching, manually or digitally, to represent ideas in different learning contexts. TCH 1-11a

Image result for santa's workshop

We will be covering this by becoming ‘Elves’ and transforming our classroom into our very own workshop.

Image result for elf workshop

We will be adapting and improving our ideas and looking at different materials to construct our models.

Image result for improving ideas

We will be budgeting our money and buying the materials and resources online – ensuring we price our products to cover our costs.

Image result for budgeting money

We will then be looking at the different roles in a business and learning how to use money.

We will be inviting you in to ‘buy’ some of the pupil’s creations. (Date to follow)

Image result for elfs         Image result for sterlingmoney

It’s great to see how excited the pupils are about creating and building Christmas crafts. If you have any suggestions of what our ‘Elves’ next challenge could be – let me know!

2 thoughts on “TERM 2 – TOPIC”