Homework wb 17-09-2018

Literacy: to be completed for Thursday 20/09/2018

Spellings:

1. Write out spellings 3 times using the Look, Cover, Write, Check method.
  • Look– Discuss the look of the word, some letters are tall, have tails, have words within words, silent letters etc.
  • Cover– Fold spelling sheet and keep out of sight.
  • Write– Write out the word as best as you can remember.
  • Check– Unfold spelling sheet and correct spellings, make any changes needed and continue onto the next word.

2. Learn for Friday

NO SPELLING ACTIVITY DUE TO HOMEWORK BEING IN ON THURSDAY!!!!!

Suggested Approach:

Monday – Practise words and write out list 1 by using the Look, Cover, Write, Check method.

Tuesday – Practise words and write out list 2 by using the Look, Cover, Write, Check method.

Wednesday – Practise words and write out list 3 by using the Look, Cover, Write, Check method.

CLIC Targets wb 17-09-2018

C– Counting: Squiggleworth (Step 4): I can partition a 2dp number. E.g.: 2.38

L– Learn Its: Adding 3 and adding 4 (Step 7): 7+4=, 8+4=, 9+4=, 8+3=, 9+3=; we have discussed many strategies and ways to help us remember / work out these questions. Revision of the 10x tables.

I– It’s Nothing New: Adding with Pim (Step 3): I can add thousands. E.g 3000+4000=7000 as we know 3+4=7…30+40=70,…300+400=700 “Swap the ‘thing’ to thousands”

C– Calculations: Multiplication (Step 12: 6, 7, 8 & 9 times tables): I can solve any 1d x 1d. Practise of tables that children feel less confident about. A good resource to use is the game Hit the Button, here is a link. (Tablet friendly)

https://www.topmarks.co.uk/maths-games/hit-the-button

Pupil of the Week 14-09-2018

Our Pupil of the Week is

Ejiro!!!

For  completing all tasks accurately and on time this week!

Keep it up!!

Well done!!

Homework wb 10-09-2018

Literacy: to be completed for Friday 10/09/2018

Spellings:

2. Learn for Friday

Fun Spelling Activity:  Surround Words. Write your words on lined paper. Then outline the words using different colours. Try draw straight lines.

Suggested Approach:

Thursday – Practise words and complete Spelling Activity

Here is an example of how homework should be laid out:

CLIC Targets wb 10-09-2018

C– Counting: Squiggleworth (Step 3): I can partition a 1dp number. E.g.: 2.3

L– Learn Its: Doubles beyond 5: This seems crazy but often when focusing on tales for a long time, we lose our speed at recalling addition with certain numbers. This revision will help children with their Learn Its test on Fridays. 6+6, 7+7, 8+8, 9+9 to be answered in a CLICK!!!

I– It’s Nothing New: Doubling with Pim (Step 3 With crossing 10): I can double 2d nymbers. E.g.: Double 26 is 52

C– Calculations: Subtraction (Step 29): I can subtract with 3 digit numbers. E.g.: 682-100

Pupil of the Week 07-09-2018

Our Pupil of the Week is

Megan I!!!

For lining up quickly, quietly and without needing any reminders of how to do it smartly.

Keep it up!!

Well done!!

Think / Talk Homework 04-09-2018

We were creating our persuasive Pupil Council Class Rep. posters today. All children need to think of reasons why they would be good for the role of the Class Rep. and also any ideas that they would like to sort or any changes in the school that they would make.

CLIC Targets wb 03-09-2018

C– Counting: Reading Numbers (Step 6): I can read 3d numbers.

L– Learn Its: Adding on 2. This seems crazy but often when focusing on tales for a long time, we lose our speed at recalling addition with certain numbers. This revision will help children with their Learn Its test on Fridays. 4+2, 5+2, 6+2, 7+2, 9+2 to be answered in a CLICK!!!

I– It’s Nothing New: Jigsaw Numbers (Step 3): I can find the missing piece to 100. e.g.: 54 + ? = 100

C– Calculations: Addition (Step 28): I can solve 3d + 3d e.g.: 241 + 328 =

Homework wb 03-09-2018

Literacy: to be completed for Friday 07/09/2018

Spellings:

2. Learn for Friday

Fun Spelling Activity:  Blue Vowels. Write each of your spelling words, neatly and with enough spaces to allow  for a blue coloured pencil to draw over the vowels.

Suggested Approach:

Scrabble Tournament Final

These two girls made it to the final of our Scrabble Tournament. They were the winners of their table and then two combined tables to meet each other for the last round!!