Week beginning 4th February 2019

Please remember the school photographer will be in school this week on Wednesday.

Next weekend is the holiday weekend. The school is closed for all on Monday 11th February and for pupils on Tuesday 12th and Wednesday 13th February. These are in-service days.

Letter Sounds

This week our sound is oo as in book or moon. Letter sound oo homework should be completed for Wednesday. The rest of the week and next week will be spent revising z,w,ng,v and oo.

Common Words

The first three word walls in the white book can be used for revision at home. Words for this week are much and have. Please complete the common word homework for Thursday. You may need to help your child to write the number after counting the words together. They should also try to write the words.

Reading

The children will get 2 new books this week on Monday and Thursday. We will continue with the Oxford Reading Tree Snapdragons set of books.

Word Pots

Words will be added to match the books.

big and up will be added for My Dad

am, going and me will be added for Going Up and Down

went will be added for Breakfast

dog and my will be added for My Dog Needs A Bone

Maths

This week we will again focus on number – counting, reading, saying, writing.

As part of our Big Maths we do CLIC sessions in the class which now in Primary 1 involve C – counting  L – learn its I – it’s nothing new and C – calculations.

Counting – Counting in 1s forwards and backwards

Learn its –  3 + 3 = 6 and 4 + 4 = 8 and 5 + 5 = 10

It’s Nothing New – doubling 1 digit numbers

Calculations – subtracting to find what is left

Topic

The children enjoyed our Scottish food tasting last week and we had a whole school showcase assembly on Friday afternoon where the children got to show the rest of the school some of their work. The class were excellent at saying our doric poem Pets! and we showed our art thistles and our cut out Loch Ness Monsters.