JENNI MINTO

We had a google meet with Jenni Minto.  She is a member of the MSP and she used to work in the museum in port charlotte.  She taught us about the important about the environment and planet. She has been to COP26 and she passed a speech. Jenni talked with us for a long time on the google meet and showed us cool things about climate change and how we can help the environment. Jenni told us that we have rain forests on Islay but they are not tropical rain forests. The reason Jenni is doing this is to help our future.

help out planet. If we do not stop this out future is gone.  Jenni also grows her own plants to help the environment you should to.  Port Ellen Primary School is inspired by people like Jenni for the things that she is doing to help the globe, she also explained to us about the worlds blanket / the worlds atmosphere. The worlds blanket is a blanket the covers the world and it is called that because of the suns heat that gets trapped inside it. This heats up an atmosphere like a blanket.

By Iona and Mya

Highland Dancing Exams

Ella Eagers dancers have all just gotten their dancing exam results, I am sure that all of Ella’s dancers have achieved with their knowledge of highland dancing.  You could go into different stages to get different exams there is a very low change to fail you’re exams with the famous Ella Eager as you’re dancing teacher.

Image result for Ella Eadgars highland dance school bomore islay 2021

Ella Eagers dancers have accomplished lots during their time with Ella. I hope they improve until their next dancing exams.

My Endeavour by Finlay Addison

Welcome to my Endeavour by Finlay. Endeavour is a project were you learn new skills.   Every year people do cooking, soap, mix wax and candle making and  drawing but I am doing civil engineering. Civil engineering  is a type of engineering. Civil engineering is where you build bridges or tunnels or fences.

What I have achieved

I have achieved to make a Kahoot on civil engineering and making a bridge out of rubber bands and  spagatini and making a sway on civil engineering and making two model bridges out of Kapla. And I made a poster. My favourite part of my Endeavour was when I made my Kahoot and the Kahoot had 5 questions and I had very good fun making my spagatini rubber bands bridge. I learnt how to make model bridges and learnt all about civil engineering  and learnt how to understand civil engineering.

My Endevour by Mya

Welcome to my Endeavor. Endeavor is a project that we do every year it helps you learn independently and  learn new skills like some people do how to cook, how to make candles, or making models of planes or people.  For My Endeavor I am  drawing portraits. I hope by doing portraits for my endeavor will help my drawing skills. in the future  I hope to be a  artist . Joshes girlfriend Rhianah is a Artist and she is helping me draw and shade. My favorite things that she taught me is how to draw the nose and its the easiest thing to draw on the face. The hardest thing to draw was the lips because getting the lips the right level is really hard.

CRIS AWARD

The CRIS award is an award when we were online and we went over the safety rules-CRIS stands for Cyber Resilience and Internet Safety. The whole class did it with us. Mrs Clark set up the board and people like Callie James and Katie and Phoenix went through to talk to the person that was on a meet they went through because Mrs Clark asked them and they said yes they  would do it. When we were at school we done the meet through the laptop.

The lady on the laptop was saying how to stay safe online and they were talking about clickbait here is how to stay safe online don’t believe anything that is too good to be true and if a advertisement pops up on your screen and it says something like get a free car just give me one hundred pound do not do it they probably don’t even have a car that they can give you they will trick you.   We got the CRIS award for our learning about internet safety.

13 Ways to Get a Free (Donated) Car - MoneyPantry

By Mya Munro

Dunyvaig Dig

On Tuesday 27th of August the whole school went to Dunyvaig to contribute in a archaeology dig .  A kind lady called Sophie was are tour guide showing us all the stations, for some stations examples there was a digging in the trench, photography and looking at findings and lots more.

Personally I think that everyone loved the digging the most because the pride of finding some thing is just amazing but it was probably because we got to get dirty on a school day! But when I was digging I was the only one who found something from p6/7 and I found a broken part off a clay pigeon. When we were at the photography station we got to use a professional camera and are group made silly videos and I videoed it because I don’t like cameras.

But the last thing my group did was my favorite we got to hold and see all the artifacts from last year and this year.  My favorite thing was the half a cannon ball they thought that it was from a attack when clan Donald attacked Dunyvaig.  And another cool thing from last year was a stamp with a name and date on it.  And their most recent find was a broach from the 17th century.  Then sadly the day had to end.

By Caitidh

P4/5 Wind Turbines

Our class  have made wind turbines.  We made a wind turbine out of paper, pencil, sticks, string, pin tape ,string and scissors.

We stuck the pencil to the table and attached the string to the pencil. After that we put a hole in the middle of the blades. There is a cup you cut a two holes in it you put your string through the holes in the cup . Then you get a hairdryer and push the blades around.

The Fantastic Eco Group

eco logo 2

On Friday afternoons Port Ellen primary  all do citizenships and one of the groups are called the Eco Group and the people that are in the Eco group are Holly, Abi, Kaya, Katie, Matthew, Rowan, Sophie and Harmony. What the Eco group do is we try and do litter picking to keep Port Ellen playground tidy. On some of the afternoons we do beach cleans to keep the beach clean and we are hoping to clean the pond, have an Eco day, plant flowers, tidy the round house, clean up the weeds and plant trees. Also our slogan is SAVE THE PLANET!

By The Fantastic Eco Group.

Orienteering P5/6/7 Topic.

P1010222The P5/6/7’s in Port Ellen Primary School are doing a topic on Orienteering. We had to learn about reading maps properly so we could find the posts quicker. When we did Orienteering, Mrs Clark our teacher, timed us and she said whoever came quickest back got to design a orienteering course for us to find the flags. It was great fun. We all were with a partner. We all were very puffed after orienteering but we all had fun, and we all are looking forward to do Orienteering again soon!