Spring flowers at Keills.

The face pots are feeling very happy with their red tulips!

If  you take a look in our school grounds you will see that Spring has truly sprung at Keills Primary School. All the hard work from P1-4 children and our parent helpers last October has paid off and we now have tubs of daffodils and tulips to brighten up the playground. As Isla M said, “It’s like the bulbs we planted in the Autumn have woken up now that it is Spring”. This afternoon P1-4 went outside to have a good look – and smell – of the flowers and then we wrote about what we thought.

(Thank you to all the great spelling and grammar checkers in the class who kept me right when I was typing the blog – especially Allana, Isla M and Isla K, Nave and Innes. Kyle checked my finger spaces for me too – thank you!)

This is what P1-4 wrote about their successful bulb planting.

Katie felt happy because the flowers grew. Kyle thought the daffodils were pretty. Our flowers are bright yellow.

Our flowers were bright and colourful but they are mostly over now. Our bulb planting was successful and we felt happy. (Innes, Allana and Connor and Mrs Urquhart  planted little early narcissus daffodils which looked beautiful in February when it was so grey and rainy – thank you – it helped to cheer us up!)

The flowers were very cool and pretty. Our flowers are fantastic and awesome. There are yellow daffodils and there are red and yellow tulips still to come.

It made me happy and all of my group were happy too. Our flowers were wonderful and colourful. They are the red tulips in the face pots on the steps.

Well done P1-4! Good gardening team work!