Headteachers Update Oct 2023

Dear parents and carers,

I hope you are well. On the 14th of November we are hosting our S2 Parents’ Evening and we look forward to welcoming many of you to that.

On the same evening, I will also be hosting drop-in sessions open to all parents to discuss our improvement priorities and I am keen to hear your views. I will also be discussing what the different levels mean for pupil attainment and progression following feedback from parents about how confusing this can be. I will host a session at 5.30pm and another at 6pm. If you are interested in attending, please let me know via the form below:

https://forms.office.com/e/UexUeBx2Dc

Our Parent Council will also be holding their Annual General Meeting at 6.30pm in the library that evening to elect members and all parents are invited to attend. The Parent Council play an important role in the school which includes:

•the appointment of senior staff
•supporting school inspections
•the development of the School Improvement Plan and Standards & Quality Reports
•discussing issues of interest to parents including school policies
•fundraising

It is a friendly group who are always keen to welcome new members. Please join us for the meeting if you are available. It’s a great way to become involved in the school.

Finally, I am keen to share the many achievements of our pupils and information about the many events happening in the school. This year we have a new Journalism course running and pupils in the class will soon be starting a school newspaper. I look forward to sharing this with you next month.

I look forward to meeting many of you on the 14th November.

Thank you for your continuing support.

Yours faithfully

Mrs Tracey McDermott
Head Teacher

Please click here to view original letter

European Day of Languages

Pupils from S1 to S4 recently took part in our annual “guess the language” competition which involved staff from all over the school  wearing a badge with a word in a foreign language and pupils collecting/ recording these words and also guessing what the language was.

Congratulations to Emily in S4 who took first place. Special mention to Wareeshah & Holly in S1 who took 2nd place and Maisie and Leah (also in S1) who came in 3rd. Well done to all pupils who took part.

This slideshow requires JavaScript.

Tesco Community Grants

If you shop at Tesco and you visit any of the stores below please remember to ask for the blue token and put it into our voting unit at the front of the store.

1. Motherwell Windmill Express
  2. Carfin Express
  3. Bellshill Extra

We are currently trying to win funds for our Mental Health Ambassadors programme. The competition is running until the end of September.