Our first international comment . . .

Over the weekend some of you may have seen the comment which we had from a school pupil in New Zealand. This was really exciting as it’s the first person to comment on our blog from another country – and New Zealand – we couldn’t have got much further away.

Jamie – a pupil of Y7/8 got in touch as she is investigating Scottish Cultures. She is from:

Melville Intermediate School, Hamilton, Waikato, NZ

The Y7/8 class have an excellent blog, and Mr Cook’s language group responded to her questions today during writing.

If you want to help Jamie learn more about Scotland, why not go and answer some of her questions?! Visit their blog below:
Melville Intermediate School – CLICK HERE!

We’d love to have a Skype conversation with the class, but because we’re in school at different times because of the timezone – we’re not really sure it is possible. Maybe we could send them a video message from Scotland? If you have any ideas – let us know . . .

Mr.Cook, Mrs.MacLeod and Mrs.Prentice

7 thoughts on “Our first international comment . . .”

1. Dear P6/7 from Lochardil School
    I am a classroom teacher from New Zealand, and Jamie is a student from my classroom. I wanted to take some time and thank you for your wonderful commment. We always watch our traffic feed in class before school so we were excited this morning to see the visitors that we’d had from the UK. It sent us looking to where you were coming from, then Jamie found your wonderful answer to her questions, she was thrilled. We sent her to see the Deputy Principal to show her the connection! (for a good reason!) Then in the afternoon Jamie came her to leave a thank you comment, and she was so excited, it was a thrill for her because I heard her shouting from the back of the classroom that she was famous in Scotland.

You have a wonderful class page, I cannot believe that we are the first overseas comment that you have had, we will be definatly looking at your page regularly from now on. We will continue to visit.

Finally, while there is a twelve hour difference between us we are going to try and look at a way around that and we will get back to you. Thank you so much for your comments and visits. You’ve made Jamie, our class and my day.

Mr Webb and Room Five, Melville Intermediate School, Hamilton, Waikato, New Zealand. melvilleroom8.blogspot.com

2. Dear everyone please would you comment on Lochardil weather please even if it is only something quick Thanks! On be-half of Fergus and Cameron thank you again! 😀 😛 🙂

3. Mr.Cook where is Jamie’s comment???

P.S. You put on the blog ‘Thema’ not ‘Them a’ !