More Jungle Fever

Some of the children in the class have been working very hard to show how much they have learned over the course of our project.  Some children have been creating fact files about a variety of different animals where as others have been creating fantastic pieces of art.  This week I happened to find a group of girls working in the jungle area who were showing what successful learners they have become this term. 

The girls were busy sorting out the pictures of the different animals in the jungle corner and sticking them on the correct habitat card.  The reason I noticed what the girls were doing was not because they asked me to look but rather I heard some fantastic conversations taking place between them where they discussed the different animals, what they knew about them and why they were suited to certain habitats and not others.  Upon looking into the corner I found four girls working as a team to complete a task in the best way possible.

I was so happy to see how well the girls were working together and also to hear how knowledgable they are about our project.  This is a great example of children in primary 2/3 fulfilling the four capacities from the Curriculum for Excellence.  Well done Aimee, Katie, Natasha and Casey!

Mr Robertson