The Olympics

Primary 5 can you find your favourite fun fact about the Olympics and add it to this comment bank.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/schools/primaryhistory/ancient_greeks/the_olympic_games/

Bear Grylls comes to Turriff

Bear meets the Turra boys! Joe and Jack A got to meet Bear Grylls when he flew into Turriff to see the Scouts. Very Cool Boys!!!!

Can you create and design a better castle than Miss P.S.

I used Purple mash to create a castle but I’m sure you can do better! Go to Purple mash then themes, then castles, then paint projects – castle. If you get finished have a look at designing your own flag. We shall have a class vote on who has designed the best castle and flag.

Happy designing remember to save it as a jpeg!

Letter writing

The Primary 5 Wallace’s

DRAB

D is for Danger

R is for Response

A is for Airway

B is for breathing

To check for danger you are the most important person so make sure it is safe for you then the bystanders then the victim.

Check for a response by gently shaking the shoulders and speaking to them

If there is no response gentle put one hand on their head and the other hands two fingers under the chin and raise it up to clear their airway.

Then put your ear near their face, your face looking at their tummy to check if they are breathing.

Planting fun

We have had lots of fun planting our plants for the table competition.

Fun maths outside

We have been learning how to tell the time and put times in order.  We have been doing this outside.  Everyone really enjoys it.

In Gymnastic P5 have been using the equipment

What fun they have been having.

The Eco afternoon at the academy

These are a few pictures from our eco afternoon at the academy.  We learnt how to make eco plant pot and got to plant a sunflower and tomato plant each!  We then got to make a lovely pin cushion.  We also go to watch fantastic videos that the 3rd years made.  I hope everyone found it as exciting and interesting as me.
[kml_flashembed movie="