Scottish Cup winner Kara Called Up for West of Scotland.

Kara Chalmers an S2 pupil from DGS has been chosen to play for the West of Scotland U15 girls football team. Kara, who is a member of the U13s Celtic side that achieved Scottish Cup success earlier this month, has been playing football for three years and was delighted with the call up to the West of Scotland squad. Kara who plays right midfield for ‘The Hoops’ was surprised when her dad received an email informing him of Kara’s inclusion in the squad – a squad that is mainly made of girls from the greater Glasgow area and who are a year older than Kara.
Kara stated: “I skimmed over the email and at first thought I had not been included in the West of Scotland squad. I was then exstatic when my dad pointed out that infact I was part of the squad! I’m just ready to get playing!”
The West of Scotland squad will take on a Central Scotland select later this month.

Kara’s next goal is to earn a cap form the full Scotland squad and she hopes to make a career out of her footballing talents – just like her hero, Henrik Larsson.

Head Teacher, David Mitchell commented:
“Kara’s call-up to the West of Scotland U15s squad is fantastic news! Considering, Kara plays for her club side at U13s level – I think this shows the belief the WoS selectors have in her talents. All at DGS wish Kara well for the forthcoming matches and we would also like to congratulate her for the recent Scottish Cup success she enjoyed at Celtic”.

2 thoughts on “Scottish Cup winner Kara Called Up for West of Scotland.